CGIS is seeking talented Commercial Lines Producers with a proven track record of success developing new Commercial accounts and providing exceptional service to maintain retention of existing accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new business to achieve sales goals as agreed upon by the Producer and the Director of Sales.
- Research prospective clients to assess exposure by evaluating financials, operations, industry challenges and other determinative factors.
- Become proficient at assessing viability of new business opportunities, through investigation of their current broker relationship, services received through their current broker, coverage sufficiency and any value-added services we may be able to provide.
- Attend industry specific seminars, workshops, and other networking events to develop contacts and relationships which may lead to niche market opportunities.
- Negotiate price and key coverage features with underwriter on behalf of the client.
- Create and present renewal proposal to client, including coverage offers for exposures not currently
- Act as the point of contact between the underwriter and the client, coordinate underwriter meetings to ensure all underwriter requirements are fulfilled and concerns addressed.
- Assist client with claims advocacy as
- Develop strong relationships with client senior management and insurance carriers.
- Assist with account rounding and developing educational and sales tools within the Commercial Department.
- Assist with external educational materials, for clients and centers of influence. This may include creating articles, presentations, seminar material, white papers, etc.
- Manage/collect receivables in conjunction with Client Associate/
- Review and deliver summary, proposals and
- Complete and/or Update EAW’s annually on all accounts (Exposure Analysis Worksheets).
- Coordinate delivery of binders and invoices.
- Coordinate coverage placement through instructions provided to Marketing and Client Administrator, review and deliver binders, invoices, etc.
- Manage expiration lists.
Education & Experience
- Must have the verbal, quantitative and interpersonal skills normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration with finance concentration.
- Must have a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of the Commercial insurance marketplace and a broad understanding of property and liability insurance products.
- Obtain and maintain a valid unrestricted Property & Casualty Solicitor’s License for the State of California, a valid California driver’s license and a dependable
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software (Outlook, Word and Excel) and the Internet.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- 15% – 30% travel may be required. Trips ranging from one day to one week, both in and out of state.
- Extended work hours (10 – 12 hrs/day) required on occasion due to attending and participating at networking and industry functions that begin well before the workday and may extend well into the evening.
Position Duties Basic data entry in AMS database (i.e. submissions, certificates) Basic Proposal formatting (transposing quotes into word document proposals) Check/Scan Policies, Order Loss Runs, MVRs Assist in renewing all insurance licenses, i.e. Non - resident...
Summary The Private Client Group/Personal Lines Producer works independently and with referral sources to identify and call upon affluent prospects in need of sophisticated personal insurance products and risk management solutions. In addition to new business...
Summary Seeking a proven and competitive Employee Benefits Producer to expand and grow CGIS’ EB business by producing and managing a book of EB clients in the 50-5,000+ lives sector. Responsible for developing strong business relationships and closing business to...
We Value our Employees!
Health & Dental
401k + Matching